Upward Basketball & Cheerleading
Registration Underway for the 2013 Season
Upward Basketball & Cheerleading Registration for the 2013 season begins October 1st!
What is Upward Basketball? Upward Basketball and Cheer is a league where every child plays, every child learns skills and good sportsmanship, and every child is a winner! You can learn more about the philosophy of Upward Sports by visiting the national Upward website at www.upward.org.
What are the details for Upward at Bethel IUMC? We had a terrific season last year! We firmly believe that Upward Sports is a terrific Christian Sports experience and we hope that you will join us to discover how great Upward is for children and their families.
- This year, our league is open to boys and girls in Kindergarten through 6th grade, for both basketball and cheer. Teams are created based on the number of registrations and coaches available. Practices are held one time per week, for an hour. Games are held on Saturdays, and last one hour. The fee for Upward here at Bethel is $78, which includes the full uniform and an end-of-the-season gift! Partial scholarships may be available upon written request.
- REGISTRATION IS ONLINE! Just TCSLINKTOFORM[17,click here]. You can register your child in one easy step, and pay online with a credit/debit card (you can also mail in the payment). You’ll receive e-mail confirmation of your registration, and be on your way to the basketball court! You may also request a form be mailed to you (call 614-451-2085).
- REGISTER EARLY! The Upward Program has grown in amazing ways, and we are excited to be a part of it! Regular registration is underway, but after November 18th, you will be charged $25 for late registration. Please be sure to register prior to November 19th to ensure a spot on a team for your child.
- INVITE A BUDDY! We will attempt to honor requests for carpool buddies this year with very specific restrictions. There is no guarantee, and we can only attempt to facilitate your match if you follow these guidelines:
- Friends must be the same age and gender.
- The request must be made by both friends. (Only 2 friends can request to be together on a team.)
- Practice night exclusions must match for both friends.
- Both friends must be registered by November 19, 2012.
SPREAD THE WORD! If you know of someone who might like to join Upward this year, please forward this webpage to them, or direct them to the Bethel IUMC website. They can also contact the church office at 614-451-2085 and a registration form will be mailed out! We look forward to a great season of lifting God up through basketball, and to greeting you at player evaluations! If you have questions regarding the upcoming season, please feel free to contact Jennie Whetstone at email@example.com.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS for the 2013 SEASON!!
October 1, 2012 Registration starts
November 19 Registration fee raised by $25
November 13 Player Evaluations at Bethel (6pm, 6:30pm or 7pm)
November 15 Player Evaluations at Bethel (6pm, 6:30pm 6pm or 7:30pm)
November 16 Player Evaluations at Bethel (6:30pm, 7pm or 7:30pm)
January 5, 2013 Practices start at Bethel
January 19 First Games at Bethel
March 9 Final Games at Bethel
March 10 Celebration Sunday at Bethel
March 16 Make up games (ONLY if more than 2 games are
cancelled during the season)