Parade-Goers Choose Their Favorites
Jul. 16, 2013
The results are in!
Each year, the people attending the BIA Parade of Homes cast votes for their favorite Parade homes in the Raymond Barry People’s Choice Awards.
These awards were named to honor the late Raymond Barry, the 1952 BIA president who first envisioned the potential for a Parade of Homes. Barry organized his fellow builders, suppliers and vendors to launch the first Parade, which took place 61 years ago in Upper Arlington.
Parade attendees had a big challenge choosing between the 13 gorgeous homes in the 2013 Parade at Jerome Village. All of our builders, designers and landscapers created outstanding products and design.
This year, home designs ranged from Italianate to Georgian to Craftsman. Along with abundant wow-factors in every house, several homes even featured special design themes. All of these factors made selecting a favorite house, décor and outdoor space even harder.
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s People’s Choice Awards:
- Coppertree Homes: this character-filled home wowed attendees with its atmospheric wine cellar and cozy gathering areas separated by a pass through fireplace.
- Bob Webb Group: the crowd-pleasing house was custom-designed for its lot and featured gorgeous built-ins plus a stunning kitchen.
Favorite Interior Décor
- Coppertree Homes: people loved the winter holiday theme featuring a huge Christmas tree in the center hall and a ski-lodge-style lounge with two chalkboard walls.
- Bob Webb Group: the home stood out for its elegant study with art glass walls and the way its natural materials brought the outside in.
Favorite Outdoor Living Space
- Romanelli & Hughes Custom Home Builders: people were drawn to the covered back porch with its light-strewn ceiling and spacious dining area.
- Coppertree Homes: an outdoor kitchen and relaxing patio set this living space apart.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page