CSCA - 2012 Convention - G.I.F.T. Interest Group Members
Dear G.I.F.T. Interest Group Members:
I am so excited that we are heading to Cleveland as a full-fledged Interest Group this year! I just wanted to take a moment to point out the times and places for the G.I.F.T. panels at CSCA in Cleveland this week and also remind you to attend the G.I.F.T. Business Meeting.
Our G.I.F.T. panels are on the following days all in the Severance room on the 4th floor:
- Thursday, March 29th at 5:00-6:15 pm (This particular session has all activities and assignments geared toward the online classroom.)
- Friday, March 30th at 9:30-10:45 am
- Saturday, March 31st at 9:30-10:45 am
- Saturday, March 31st at 2:00-3:15 pm
- We do have one joint session with the Womenth at 2:00-3:15 pm.
Our business meeting will be held at 11am on Friday, March 30th in the Owens Room on the 4th floor. The agenda for that meeting is as follows:
- Welcome and Introduction of Present Officers
- Review of 2011 GIFT Accomplishments
- Review of 2012 GIFT Panels
- Discussion on officer positions and duties*
- Nominations and Elections of Future Officers
- Looking Forward to 2013 (panel ideas, reviewers needed, etc.)
- Adjournment by 12:15 pm
*So far we only have the Chair, Vice Chair and Vice Chair-Elect positions. Thus, we would elect only a Vice Chair-Elect each year and that person would move up to Vice Chair and then Chair over the course of three years. We have the option of adding a Secretary and even a Historian if we so choose (and I suppose even other positions if we felt the need). We will discuss the pros and cons of adding more officer positions and make a final decision. Thus, at this time we are not taking nominations for any officer positions. Once we decide on what positions we plan to offer and what their duties will be, we will then accept nominations from the floor, allow for statements from nominees, and proceed to elections.
Hope to see you all next week!
Diana L. Tucker, 2012 G.I.F.T. Interest Group Chair