CSCA - Media Studies IG - 2013 Call for Papers Reminder
Hello, CSCA Media Studies Interest Group Members! As we savor the last few weeks of summer before fall semester begins, I want to remind you to keep thinking about CSCA and your submissions to the Media Studies Interest Group on the theme of “Communicating the Possible.” I’ve attached a link to the call: http://csca-net.org/aws/CSCA/pt/sp/callforpapers_media. The submission deadline is Friday, October 5.
To refresh your memory, we discussed several exciting panel possibilities at our meeting in April:
· Documentary as method
· The future of social media: What’s coming next, and what will it mean?
· A panel of senior scholars to talk about where we’re going, perhaps paired with up and coming scholars
· Looking back historically at forms of media and bringing new ways to approach them
· Mediated Kansas – getting Kansas people there to talk about media
· Integrating more media into media studies
· Examination of ideology and myth, media critiques that are positive
· Promoting media literacy, how are we using media to empower students, not just showing it to them but to encouraging them to be activists
If these topics still interest you, I encourage you to work with others within and outside the interest group to develop panels or competitive papers. And of course, other topics related to media studies are welcome.
If you have undergraduate students creating original media projects, please encourage them to submit as well. Please note that the deadline to contact me concerning the submission of original media is September 15.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to your submissions!
Chair, CSCA Media Studies Interest Group