CSCA - Women's Caucus - 2013 Call for Papers Reminder
CALL FOR PAPERS AND PROPOSALS
“Communicating the Possible”
April 2 – April 7th, 2013
Kansas City Marriott Downtown
The CSCA Women's Caucus invites submissions of competitive papers and panel proposals examining the role of gender in communication studies. We are particularly interested in submissions that examine feminist topics and/or use feminist methods. Our caucus has a long history of community engagement and activism, and we welcome submissions that address civic concerns. Topics of interest include women’s roles/challenges in professional organizations, interpersonal relationships, the political arena, popular culture, women and freedom of expression.
We strongly encourage undergraduate and graduate student papers. Co-sponsorship between other CSCA divisions and interest groups is strongly encouraged. Our caucus issues a top paper and top student paper, both of which receive a monetary stipend. Our caucus also issues a top panel award designed to connect with our conference communities. The top panel receives a monetary award of $50 to be donated to a local Kansas City charity of the panel’s choice.
- Only complete papers will be considered.
- Papers must conform to APA 6th edition guidelines and be prepared for blind review.
- Papers must not exceed 25 double-spaced pages (not including title page, abstract, references, and appendices).
- All papers must include a separate title page file with names, affiliation and contact information for all authors, indicate if author(s) are CSCA members and if the paper is a student or debut paper.
- All panel proposals must adhere to the CSCA Panel Proposal Request Form available on the Planners' Guide which can be found at http://www.csca-net.org/ (click on "Convention" and then select "Program Planner Guide").
- Paper session panels must include a separate file with a panel rationale (maximum 500 words) and abstract (maximum 100 words) for each paper.
- Discussion panels must include a separate file with a panel rationale (maximum 500 words) and a brief abstract (maximum 75 words) as it would appear in the conference program describing the program.
- The Top Panel will be awarded $50
Submission Deadline & Information:
All submissions are due electronically by October 5th, 2012. No paper submissions will be accepted. Submitters must provide the required files in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. Any questions can be directed to the program planner: Michaela D.E. Meyer, Vice-Chair CSCA Women’s Caucus, Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA 23606. Email: email@example.com / Phone (757) 594-7495
- Adjunct/Temporary Faculty Caucus
- Argumentation and Forensics
- Basic Course
- Communication Education
- Communication Ethics & Freedom of Expression
- Communication Theory
- Community College
- Graduate Student Caucus
- Health Communication
- Instructional Resources
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal and Small Group Communication
- Kenneth Burke Society
- Media Studies
- Organizational and Professional Communication
- Performance Studies and Theatre
- Political Communication
- Popular Culture
- Public Relations
- Rhetorical Theory and Criticism
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Caucus
- States Advisory Council
- Undergraduate Programs
- Women's Caucus