CSCA 2013 Convention - Media Studies Interest Group Reminders
CSCA in Kansas City is almost here! As final preparations are underway, here are a few reminders from the Media Studies Interest Group.
- If you are presenting on a competitive paper panel, I have sent your original submission to the respondent. If you would like to send the respondent an updated paper, please do so as soon as possible, giving the respondent at least 2 weeks.
- We have several special MSIG panels this year that I sincerely hope you will attend.
o Our Spotlight on Original Media panel (Thursday, 11 AM) will feature four documentaries/short films, with their creators showing excerpts and discussing the connection between their work and theory or pedagogy.
o On Thursday at 5 PM, we will celebrate the career of James Chesebro, CSCA Hall of Fame member. Whether you are a close friend of Dr. Chesebro or someone who only knows him on the page, come say hello and join us in honoring his distinguished career of scholarship, teaching, and mentoring on the occasion of his retirement.
o On Friday at 4 PM, we will honor the life and contributions of Samuel L. Becker (University of Iowa). Join us in reflecting on his legacy to our discipline, and if you wish, wear a “bow tie for Becker!” We are honored to have former colleagues and students coming to CSCA to celebrate Dr. Becker’s personal and professional contributions.
o Finally, on Saturday, join us as 9:30 AM to hear the Media Studies Interest Group top paper panel, with a wide range of student and faculty scholarship. Immediately following that, at 11 AM, we will hold the Media Studies Interest Group business meeting. Please come get involved!
I look forward to seeing you in a few short weeks in Kansas City!
2012-2013 Media Studies Interest Group Chair
< Back | Printer Friendly Page
- Adjunct/Temporary Faculty Caucus
- Argumentation and Forensics
- Basic Course
- Communication Education
- Communication Ethics & Freedom of Expression
- Communication Theory
- Community College
- Graduate Student Caucus
- Health Communication
- Instructional Resources
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal and Small Group Communication
- Kenneth Burke Society
- Media Studies
- Organizational and Professional Communication
- Performance Studies and Theatre
- Political Communication
- Popular Culture
- Public Relations
- Rhetorical Theory and Criticism
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Caucus
- States Advisory Council
- Undergraduate Programs
- Women's Caucus