Call for Papers
- Adjunct/Temporary Faculty Caucus
- Argumentation and Forensics
- Basic Course
- Communication Education
- Communication Ethics & Freedom of Expression
- Communication Theory
- Community College
- Graduate Student Caucus
- G.I.F.T. - Great Ideas For Teaching
- Health Communication
- Instructional Resources
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal and Small Group Communication
- Kenneth Burke Society
- Media Studies
- Organizational and Professional Communication
- Past Officer Graduate Student Debut Program
- Performance Studies and Theatre
- Political Communication
- Popular Culture
- Public Relations
- Rhetorical Theory and Criticism
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Caucus
- Short Courses
- States Advisory Council
- Undergraduate Honors Research Conference
- Undergraduate Programs
- Women's Caucus
Call for Papers
Undergraduate Programs Interest Group
2014 Central States Communication Association
April 2 – 6, 2014
The Undergraduate Programs Interest Group is accepting submissions for the 2014 conference. We encourage submissions consistent with the conference theme as they relate to working in undergraduate programs including areas such as undergraduate program development, assessment, administration issues/concerns, faculty concerns, hiring, etc.
A variety of formats is welcomed, including competitive papers, panels, roundtable discussions, spotlight and dialogue sessions. Preference will be given to panels that present a variety of perspectives and schools.
Papers must conform to APA standards and must preserve confidentiality of authorship throughout the document. Indicate on the cover page whether or not the author/s is/are current CSCA members.
Panel proposals must be made using the 2014 CSCA Panel Proposal Request Form, available [http://www.csca-net.org/]. Also include the proposed panel’s title, a 100 word abstract for each paper on the panel, the name and affiliation of the person organizing the program, and the names, affiliations, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of every panel participant. Indicate whether or not participants are current SCCA members.
Please consult the CSCA Technology Policy [http://www.csca-net.org]. Late requests for AV equipment cannot be honored.
Submit proposals by email as attached Microsoft Word documents to:
University of Indianapolis
1400 East Hanna Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46227
The deadline for all submissions is Friday October 4, 2013.
The Undergraduate Programs Interest Group is an inclusive organization that includes, but is not limited to, faculty at colleges and in undergraduate divisions of larger institutions, faculty interested in curricular and co-curricular development programs, faculty in programs with both an academic and community outreach component. Our interest group encourages discussion of issues of program development, administrative concerns, and faculty issues.
Central States Communication Association
Undergraduate Program Interest Group
Call for the 2014 Outstanding Undergraduate Communication Program Award
Purpose: The OUCP Award was given by Undergraduate Programs IG from 1988 to 1996, and is being reinstituted for 2014. The purpose of the award is to encourage and recognize excellence in undergraduate departments of communication, with an emphasis on curriculum, program quality, course design, and/or special programs. A panel of scholars representing broad disciplinary expertise with a concern for developing strong undergraduate programs will adjudicate submissions.
Scope: The 2014 award will be given for overall excellence. In some years the award may be given for a special program or initiative.
1) Submissions are invited from undergraduate communication programs within the geographic boundaries of CSCA. Departments with graduate programs may apply, but the award will be based solely on the merits of the undergraduate program.
2) Either the department chair or the person submitting the application must be a member of the Undergraduate Programs IG in order the nominated program to be eligible for the award. You may join online at the CSCA website.
Submission Requirements for the OUCP Award:
1) A letter summarizing the application.
2) An overview of the institution and program, including a brief narrative description of the institution and of the department.
3) A summary case for the qualities of excellence exemplified in the program.
4) Any appropriate supporting documents.
The winner/s of the OUCP Award will be featured in a panel at the CSCA conference in Minneapolis, MN, April 1-6, 2014.
Deadline: Submissions must be received no later than Monday, January 20, 2014. Electronic submissions are encouraged. All application materials and/or questions regarding the award should be directed to either of the OUCP Award coordinators:
Tim Russert Department of Communication and Theatre Arts
John Carroll University
One John Carroll Avenue
University Heights, OH 44118
8800 West Bluemond Rd.
Wisconsin Lutheran College
Milwaukee, WI 53226