Call for Submissions
- Adjunct/Temporary Faculty Caucus
- Argumentation and Forensics
- Basic Course
- Communication Education
- Communication Ethics & Freedom of Expression
- Communication Theory
- Community College
- Graduate Student Caucus
- G.I.F.T. - Great Ideas For Teaching
- Health Communication
- Instructional Resources
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal and Small Group Communication
- Kenneth Burke Society
- Media Studies
- Organizational and Professional Communication
- Performance Studies and Theatre
- Political Communication
- Popular Culture
- Public Relations
- Rhetorical Theory and Criticism
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Caucus
- Short Courses
- States Advisory Council
- Undergraduate Honors Research Conference
- Undergraduate Programs
- Women's Caucus
Call for Papers and Panels
2016 Central States Communication Association (CSCA)
Annual Convention in Grand Rapids, Michigan
April 13-17, 2016
The CSCA Women's Caucus invites submissions of competitive papers and panel proposals examining the role of gender in communication studies. We are particularly interested in submissions that examine feminist topics and/or use feminist methods. Our caucus has a long history of community engagement and activism, and we welcome submissions that address civic concerns. A range of topics are welcome and we especially encourage members to address issues related to the convention theme of Foundation. Topics of interest include women’s roles/challenges in professional organizations, interpersonal relationships, the political arena, popular culture, women and freedom of expression. In terms of panels, preference will be given to those with panelists representing multiple institutions rather than representing a single institution.
We strongly encourage undergraduate and graduate student papers. Co-sponsorship between other CSCA divisions and interest groups is strongly encouraged. Our caucus issues a top paper, top student paper, and top panel all of which receive a monetary award.
- Only complete papers will be considered.
- Papers must conform to APA 6th edition guidelines and be prepared for blind review.
- Papers must not exceed 25 double-spaced pages (not including title page, abstract, references, and appendices).
- All papers must include a separate title page file with names, affiliation and contact information for all authors, indicate if author(s) are CSCA members and if the paper is a student or debut paper.
- Remove all author references in the text of the paper (including headers and footers) and electronic references.
NOTE: When the cursor is placed on the icon of the word document, author information (who created that document) is displayed. To remove this information, right click (control+click for Macs) on the document icon, click on properties, click the summary tab, delete the name in the author box, click apply and then click okay.
- A Competitive Paper Submission Form must be submitted along with the paper. This form is located on the CSCA website: www.csca-net.org
- The Top Paper will be awarded $50.
- Paper session panels must include a separate file with a panel rationale (maximum 500 words) and abstract (maximum 100 words) for each paper.
- Discussion panels must include a separate file with a panel rationale (maximum 500 words) and a brief abstract (maximum 75 words) as it would appear in the conference program describing the program.
- Discussion panels and paper panels must be submitted using the respective forms located on the CSCA website: www.csca-net.org.
- The Top Panel will be awarded $50.
Submission Deadline & Information:
All submissions are due electronically by October 3rd, 2015. Submitters must provide the required files in Microsoft Word to Malynnda Johnson at Majohnson734@att.net by the deadline. All technology requests must be made at the time of submission. Any questions can be directed to the program planner: Malynnda A Johnson, Chair CSCA Women’s Caucus, University of Mount Union, Alliance Ohio. Email: email@example.com / Phone 414.467.6316