ECA Convention - Call for Papers - Intercultural Communication Interest Group
**CALL FOR PAPERS**
INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION INTEREST GROUP
EASTERN COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATION
104th ANNUAL CONVENTION
April 24- 28th, 2013
Omni William Penn Hotel
The Intercultural Communication Interest Group is seeking paper and program submissions for ECA's Annual Convention to be held at the Omni William Penn Hotel located in downtown Pittsburgh, April 24-28, 2013. The convention theme is "Confluence." This theme is exemplified by the long tradition of communication research bringing together ideas from various perspectives of communicator, message, channel, and context to better understand how humans create meanings and relationships. The theme clearly reflects the best in our interdisciplinary scholarship. Given this year’s conference theme, the intercultural communication interest group strongly encourages works that explore one or more of following areas of intercultural communication for submission:
Critical Intercultural Communication
Queer Intercultural Communication
Transnationalism, Diaspora, and
In addition to:
African Communication and Culture
Asian Pacific Communication Studies
Gender (Feminist, WomenStudies Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual-Transgender-Queer (GLBTQ) Communication Studies
Latino/Latina Communication Studies
All submissions must be made electronically and received by October 14, 2012.
Individual Paper Submissions:
Individual papers are completed papers that report original research, provide an extensive literature review or state of the art, or showcase some other form of scholarship. Papers that are to be considered will be no more than 25 pages (excluding title page, abstract, references, and appendices) and comply with the guidelines set forth in APA 6th edition. Submit two files (see below) concerning your submission, saved in Microsoft Word (.doc files) to Dr. Shinsuke Eguchi at email@example.com. Include in the email subject line the abbreviation
- The first file should include the completed paper; a one-page abstract; and a title page with the author name(s) and contact information (affiliation, mailing address, phone number, email address), the word
- The second file should include the completed paper beginning with a one-page abstract. Please mark the word
We welcome submissions for a variety of programs including paperspanels, round tables, and symposia. Feel free to contact the program planner with any ideas before you submit; we are happy to help with arrangements or contact potential participants. Panels should strive to include as many different institutions as possible.
Submit one copy of your proposal saved in Microsoft Word (.doc) to Dr. Shinsuke Eguchi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the email subject line the abbreviation
- A title page with a thematic title for the program; panelists
- Names of the chair and respondent, if any (note: individuals may not simultaneously chair, respond, and/or participate
- A rationale for the program.
- A title and (maximum) 150 word abstract for each presentation.
- A description of the panel (maximum 75 words) to appear in the final program.
- All submissions must include ECA
- ECA Technology Policy
- Submissions that do not comply with the guidelines listed above will be returned.
- For additional information about the convention, including short courses and other programming, please see the ECA website available at http://www.ecasite.org/.
- For additional information about this call for papers, please contact the Intercultural Communication Interest Group Program Planner:
Shinsuke Eguchi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Intercultural Communication (Starting from August, 2012)
Department of Communication & Journalism
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Close | Printer Friendly Page