Please click the following link to view this call as a PDF: 2013 USC Call for Papers
Submissions of Completed Papers Should Include:
1) A title page with the title of the paper and the author(s)’ affiliations, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
2) Mark "Debut" if the author has not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
3) A one-page abstract on the second page.
4) Please indicate your willingness to present your paper as a competitive paper presentation, competitive poster presentation, or both.
Competitive Paper Presentation
Competitive Paper Presentations are similar to formal presentations where the authors explain their research in a 10 to 15 minute oral presentation. In this presentation format, 3 or 4 papers will be presented together containing a general theme that links the papers together. Furthermore, these presentations will be followed by a response from a top-scholar in the field of communication who will provide feedback on your paper.
5) Contact information for student(s)’ faculty sponsor(s).
6) Statement of professional responsibility should follow the abstract on the second page of the submitted manuscript.
“In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s Undergraduate Scholar’s Conference must register and pay required fees.”
7) Your manuscript should be e-mailed to ECAUSC@aol.com by December 19th by 5:00 PM EST. Please note that this is latter than the traditional ECA paper deadline.
(If a paper or panel is multi-authored, please indicate who will be presenting at the convention. In case someone has many presentations that overlap, this helps the First Vice President determine how to slot people.)