ECA 2013 Convention - Call for Papers - Rhetoric & Public Address Interest Group
RHETORIC & PUBLIC ADDRESS INTEREST GROUP
CALL FOR PAPERS
2013 Eastern Communication Association 104th Annual Convention
April 24 – 28, 2013
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2012
The Rhetoric & Public Address Interest Group invites submissions in preparation of the annual ECA Convention to be held from April 24 – 28, 2013. We are seeking proposals (representing an individual paper, panel, round-table discussion, or workshop session), for the 104th convention to be held at the Omni William Penn Hotel located in downtown Pittsburgh. The deadline for electronic submissions is October 15, 2013. The convention theme, “Confluence,” reflects our convention’s location at the meeting of the Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio Rivers and challenges us to consider ideas from the various perspectives found within the long rhetorical tradition of the communication discipline.
Submissions must be sent via e-mail, with attachment(s) in MS Word format, to the 2013 Program Planner:
Brent C. Sleasman, Gannon University – email@example.com
Abstracts or incomplete papers are not acceptable in this category. Submissions of completed papers (no more than 25 pages, excluding title page, abstract, references, and appendices) should include the following:
- A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- A one-page abstract on the second page.
- A statement of professional responsibility on the second page (see below).
- Finally, if the paper is multi-authored, please indicate who will be presenting the paper at the convention.
The e-mail subject line should include the abbreviation “ECA” and the title of the paper.
All program/panel submissions should be sent as one Microsoft Word file, and must include:
1. A thematic title for the program/panel.
2. The name of the Chair and Respondent (if any). Please do not have chairs act as respondents.
3. The names, institutional affiliations, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of all participants.
4. Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
5. The program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
6. A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
7. A statement of professional responsibility (see below).
The e-mail subject line should include the abbreviation “ECA” and the title of the panel.
Statement of Professional Responsibility
When submitting a paper or proposal for review, the following statement MUST be included. Papers and panels without this statement will not be programmed.
"In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/we recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/we agree to present this paper or program/panel if it is accepted and programmed. I/we further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA's annual meeting must register and pay the required fees."
Please contact the Rhetoric & Public Address Interest Group Program Planner, via e-mail, for further information:
Brent C. Sleasman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor / Basic Course (Speech) Director
Department of Theatre, Communication & Fine Arts
Scottino Hall 005
109 University Square
Erie , PA 16541-0001