ECA 2013 Convention - Second Call for Papers - Nonverbal Communication IG
**SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS**
NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION INTEREST GROUP
EASTERN COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATION, 104th ANNUAL CONVENTION
APRIL 24-28, 2013, PITTSBURGH, PA
The Nonverbal Communication Interest Group is seeking submissions for ECA's Annual Convention to be held at the Omni William Penn Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. This year's convention theme, “Confluence,” represents the emergence of Pittsburgh where the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers forms the Ohio River. Confluence is exemplified by the long tradition of communication research bringing together ideas from various perspectives of communicator, message, channel, and context to better understand how humans create meaning and relationships. Confluence also describes the best in our interdisciplinary scholarship. This theme invites us to embrace the exploration of contexts where nonverbal communication overlaps with other areas of communication scholarship. While submissions focusing on the convention theme are encouraged, all submissions will be considered. Submissions must be RECEIVED by October 15, 2012.
Completed Paper Submissions Should Include:
1. A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. Authors must NOT be identified on other pages. IF the paper has multiple authors, please provide contact information for each author indicating which author will present at the convention.
2. The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
3. A one-page abstract on the second page.
4. A statement of professional responsibility on the second page.
5. The text of the paper is limited to 25 pages (double spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins) not including the abstract, references and appendices
Program/Panel Proposals Should Include:
1. A thematic title for the program.
2. Names of the chair and respondents, if any. Please do not have chairs act as respondents.
3. Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
4. Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
5. A program copy (NO MORE than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
6. A detailed rationale for the program/panel.
7. A statement of professional responsibility.
***ALL submissions must include a statement of professional responsibility that reads: "In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend or present at ECA's annual meeting must register and pay required fees."
***ECA has a Technology Policy (available on the ECA website at this link ECA Technology Policy). Technology use is EXPENSIVE. Please read this policy statement carefully before requesting any audio-visual equipment. All technology requests should be submitted with your original paper/panel proposal and should include a statement that explains why this equipment is essential to your presentation.
Please contact the Nonverbal Communication program planner, Jessalyn I. Vallade, if you have any questions about submission requirements, programming ideas, or suggestions for this interest group. Additional information about the convention, including short courses and other programming, is available at the ECA website, www.ecasite.org.
Please send papers and program/panel proposals by email in a Word attachment by October 15, 2012. If you choose to send print copies, they must be RECEIVED by October 15.
Jessalyn I. Vallade
Department of Communication Studies
West Virginia University
108 Armstrong Hall
P.O. Box 6293
Morgantown, WV 26506-6293
< Back | Printer Friendly Page