ECA 2014 Convention - Voices of Diversity Interest Group Call for Submissions
EASTERN COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATION
VOICES OF DIVERSITY INTEREST GROUP
CALL FOR PAPERS
Communities of Dissent: A “Lively Experiment” in Dialogue, Diversity, and Discourse
Providence, Rhode Island
The Omni Providence Hotel
April 23-27, 2014
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2013
The Eastern Communication Association's 105 Annual Convention will be held at The Omni Providence Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island, from April 23-27, 2014. Founded as a haven for religious dissenters, Providence is a city intimately shaped by discourses of disagreement. This year's conference theme, “Communities of Dissent: A 'Lively Experiment' in Dialogue, Diversity, and Discourse” is inspired by the city's tradition of dissent. The Voices of Diversity Interest Group welcomes a theme so closely aligned with our group's focus with much enthusiasm.
The Voices of Diversity Interest Group invites completed papers, panels, and other collaborative works that explore the expression and suppression of dissent across communication contexts. We encourage works that push and expand boundaries through new, unconventional and controversial interpretations of diversity discourse. Submission from all methodological paradigms are desired. All papers and panels will be reviewed and evaluated through an anonymous, peer-review process.
Submissions of Completed Papers Should Include:
1. A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address
2. The word “Debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention
3. A one-page abstract on the second page
4. A statement of professional responsibility (see below) on the second page
Submissions of Proposals for Panels, Roundtable Discussions and Symposiums Should Include:
1. A thematic title for the program
2. Names of the chair and respondents, if any. Please do not have chairs act as respondents.
3. Names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutional affiliations of all participants. We strongly recommend participants from different institutions.
4. Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation
5. A program copy (NO MORE than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program
6. A detailed rationale for the program/panel
7. A statement of professional responsibility (see below)
Submissions must be received by the October 15, 2013 deadline.
Please send your submissions and additional inquiries to Chizoba Udeorji, Ph.D at email@example.com
*The following Statement of Professional Responsibility must be included with every submission of a paper or panel in order for it to be eligible for review. If it is not attached with a submitted document, the chair is responsible for obtaining a completed copy of this form prior to the paper/panel being officially programmed for presentation at the convention.
Statement of Professional Responsibility
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
* ECA’s Technology Policy: Equipment rental is very expensive. Therefore, before requesting technology, please read ECA Technology Policy.
* Submissions that do not comply with the guidelines listed above will be returned.
* For additional information about the convention, including short courses and other programming, please see the ECA website.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page