The Eastern Communication Association was initially established in 1910 and continues as the oldest professional communication association in the United States. As a distinguished service-oriented organization with a history of achievement in research, criticism, communication theory, and excellence in teaching, the association welcomes members who share the goals and objectives of a membership dedicated to participation in state, regional, and national activity.
ECA has a long history of dedicated volunteers! We are pleased to acknowledge the following members who have served our association.
- Second Vice Presidents
- Executive Directors/Secretaries/Treasurers
- Editors Today's Speech
- Editors Communication Quarterly
- Editors Communication Research Reports
- Editors Qualitative Research Reports in Communication
ECA awards are given on an annual basis. The various calls for nominations are sent in the fall of each year with the honorees announced at the annual convention.
- Distinguished Service Award
- Past Presidents/Officers Award
- Everett Lee Hunt Award
- Donald Ecroyd & Caroline Drummond Ecroyd Award
- Distinguished Research Fellows
- Distinguished Teaching Fellows
- Committee of Scholars
- Applied Urban Communication Research Grant
- Centennial Scholarship
- Article of the Year Award