November 13, 2012
Clinical Hospice Bootcamp- CLASS IS FULL!
Sequent: 4700 Lakehurst Court, Suite 200, Dublin, Ohio
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 CLASS IS FULL!!!!!
4700 Lakehurst Court, Suite 200
Dublin, Ohio 43016
Presented by: Anne M. Shelley, MBA, BSN, RN
Who Should Attend
Nurses, Social Workers and other healthcare professionals that are new to hospice
$125.00 for members
$195.00 for nonmembers
Fee includes breakfast, lunch and handouts
Registration for this event is now closed.
This day long offering will include what direct care staff need to know related to the Medicare Hospice Benefit, the Hospice Conditions of Participation, Advance Care Planning, Hospice-Nursing Facility Collaboration, Non-Cancer documentation, symptom management and professional barriers and communication in hospice. This education will greatly benefit all new hospice nurses, social workers, chaplains and volunteer and bereavement coordinators not to mention being a good refresher for all seasoned front-line staff.
- Explain the philosophy of hospice care.
- Define unique hospice characteristics.
- Explain components of the Hospice Medicare Benefit.
- Discuss the importance of Advance Care Planning.
- Discuss components and importance of hospice symptom management.
- Identify basic components of hospice Conditions of Participation.
- Discuss major components of Hospice COPs, Sub-Part C.
- Discuss the major components of Hospice COP’s, Sub-Part D.
- Describe information needed in non-cancer documentation.
- Discuss the importance of hospice collaboration with nursing facilities.
Continuing Education Information
This event will provide 6.5 contact/clock hours.
Criteria for completion: Attendance at entire event. Prorated contact hours will be considered in special circumstances.
No commercial support was received for this educational event.
The planning committee has declared no conflict of interest. The presenter has declared no conflict of interest and has agreed to present information fairly and without bias.
Midwest Center for Home, Hospice & Palliative Care Education (OH-248/4-01-15) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Midwest Center for Home, Hospice & Palliative Care Education is a Social Work approved provider (#RSX020502) of continuing education by the Ohio Counselor, Social Work, & Marriage & Family Therapist Board. Provider status valid through 11/13.
| Add to my Outlook® Calendar