Acute Care Practitioner- Palliative Care
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio is seeking a part time Acute Care Practitioner for their Palliative Care unit.
Nurse Practitioner will work collaboratively with the Medical Director of Palliative Care and the interdisciplinary team.
1. MS in Nursing with current Ohio licensure
2. Satisfactory completion of a PNP or FNP program; prefer Acute Care Program certification
3. Certificate of Authority to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of Ohio
4. Evidence of excellent critical thinking and assessment skills required.
5. Practitioner also needs to have excellent communication skills that enable her/him to discuss complex, difficult issues with patients, families and colleagues.
6. Experience working with chronically ill pediatric patients is also required for all applicants for this position.
7. As position will work with patients throughout all services it is important that the candidate have an excellent working knowledge of Nationwide Children's Hospital.
8. At least three years experience at NCH preferred.
9. Position will be a daytime position but Nurse Practitioner may need to participate in after hours coverage as the program grows.
Please call Barb Draheim, Nationwide Children's Hospital, at 614-722-5135 to discuss job details prior to application submission.