Hospice & Palliative Care RN
Nationwide Children's Hospital
The Hospice & Palliative Nurse is responsible for providing patient/family hospice homecare in patient's homes in compliance with regulations as established by the State Board of Nursing, State Licensure Regulations, Medicare/Medicaid Guidelines, the Joint Commission Guidelines, and the policies and procedures of Children's Homecare Services (CHS), Children's Hospice, and Nationwide Children's Hospital.
The Hospice Nurse coordinates the CHS interdisciplinary team as related to the plan or treatment for the hospice patient/family. The Hospice Nurse actively participates in hospice program team meetings.
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSN preferred
2. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio
3. Two years experience in the nursing care of children with life-threatening diseases
4. Knowledge of hospice and/or home care and of pain management preferred
5. Ability to work independently and manage crisis situations
6. Strong problem-solving, leadership and communication skills
7. Ability to work closely and effectively with interdisciplinary team 8. Valid driver's license, proof of automobile insurance and own transportation required.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Sitting - Constantly (67-100%)
2. Driving - Constantly (67-100%)
3. Talking on phone or in person - Constantly (67-100%)
4. Lifts objects up to 10 pounds - Constantly (67-100%)
Interested candidates should contact Lare Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-355-4155
< Back | Printer Friendly Page