The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to work in their Palliative Care program overseeing complex symptom management including pain, dyspnea, delirium, nausea/vomiting, constipation, etc.
- Facilitation of patient/family meetings
- Assistance with decision-making and goals of care discussions
- Collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to provide emotional, spiritual, and bereavement support
- Coordination of care until death or discharge
- Serve as a mentor and educator to professional colleagues and students of all disciplines within the medical center in an effort to promote the understanding of the Palliative Care program and utilization of hospice and palliative care services
- Master's prepared nurse
- Board Certification as an Advance Practice Nurse
- Minimum of two years of recent and relevant experience
- Broad clinical knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines
- Passion for end-of-life care with complex pain/symptom management and advanced care planning skills
- Certificate to prescribe in Ohio or externship
For more information about this position and to inquire how to apply, please contact Allison Ramkey.