Hospice Clinical Team Leader
Senior Independence- Willoughby, OH
Senior Independence is a division of Ohio Presbyterian Retirement Services, the largest not-for-profit provider of retirement living & community-based services throughout Ohio.
We are a growing hospice program providing care for older adults living in Lake, NE Cuyahoga & parts of Geauga counties. We are searching for a Hospice Clinical Team Leader.
The Clinical Team Leader is responsible for utilizing a collaborative process to assess, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate the options and services required to meet clients' health needs. The Clinical Team Leader coordinates available resources to promote quality and cost-effective outcomes, assuring compliance with Senior Independence standards and federal, state and local regulations. The Clinical Team Leader completes ongoing audits of charts and computer files to continually improve data quality, demonstrates knowledge and support of the philosophy, purpose, goals and policies of Senior Independence and consistently complies with the Home Care Client Bill of Rights.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides ongoing assessment and nursing care to clients. Assures an accurate evaluation of client needs and develops and implements a comprehensive care plan that addresses those needs. Follows current home health nursing professional standards of practice and agency approved protocols.
Quality & Compliance Management
- Audits and maintains current and accurate client records through use of laptop computers and paper/chart documentation in accordance with SI policies, federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Maintains knowledge of requirements of regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, and third party payers.
- Works with managers regarding questions or concerns on invoices or statements; obtains proper receipts from managers before processing accounts payable.
- Monitors petty cash account; assist employees with petty cash; verifies proper signatures are obtained before distributing cash.
- Maintains client files.
Operations Management & Administration
- Supervises the implementation of the physician's plan of treatment, by auditing, organizing, overseeing, integrating, and modifying the resources necessary to reach desired outcomes. Evaluates the effectiveness of the plan on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with other disciplines, suggests and/or processes internal or external referrals in order to meet the comprehensive needs of the clients.
People Management & Development
- Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates top quality employees.
- Interviews, selects, supervises and sets performance expectations for direct reports.
- Coaches and counsels direct reports regarding the performance expectations of their position. Evaluates job performance of direct reports and provides development guidance to staff for improved performance, and growth, when requested.
- Participates in the planning, conducting, scheduling, etc. of in-service training programs, on-the-job training, and orientation programs for all staff.
- Defines and promotes expectations so all staff understand and demonstrate excellence.
- Must be a Registered Nurse, BSN preferred, or Master's prepared social worker and hold an unencumbered license to practice in Ohio.
- Current CPR certification (Basic Life Support).
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- One year of experience required in hospice, long term care or home health.
- One year experience in a Medicare-certified home health agency required.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred Experience in health care accounting preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of computers/programs (Word, Office, Excel).
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be insurable and meet OPRS' carrier underwriting standards.
Full-time position offering competitive wage, excellent benefit package & mileage. Apply online: www.seniorindependence.org/careers Use requisition #: CLSI2092
< Back | Printer Friendly Page