Industrial Careers Pathways (ICP) Helps NAHAD Members with their Staffing Needs
Effectively connecting with Millennials to let them know about the incredibly rewarding careers in industrial distribution means speaking to them through the communication vehicles they use. With the Internet usage habits of a Millennial audience top-of-mind, Industrial Careers Pathway® (ICP) completely overhauled its website to attract more job seekers and inspire them to aim for careers in industrial distribution and manufacturing. NAHAD has partnered with ICP for several years and is a strong supporter of its mission. NAHAD members can view the results at the newly designed, mobile-enabled www.industrialcareerspathway.org.
The site is divided into three sections: The Work section (aimed at the 18- to 34-year-old job seeker) quickly directs job seekers to search out employers and jobs by directing them to post their resumes to the ICP Job Board. Social media feeds have been embedded into the site to help the viral spread of information over social media. Young viewers can also watch video testimonials about the great careers in the field of industrial distribution from real people. Open positions on the ICP Job Board show up in a dynamic feed on every page of the Work section, offering expanded exposure for employers’ job postings.
The Inform section is for educators and parents of job seekers. The section was designed to tout the benefits of the field to individuals who influence job seekers and might pass along the information. “We want these influencers to know as much as possible about industrial distribution so they can guide their students or young adult children into this career path,” said Mary Jawgiel, ICP program director.
The Hire section is for employers in industrial distribution and manufacturing. Here, employers will find links to the ICP Job Board and other useful resources to assist in recruiting, hiring and managing new employees. Some of the free resources available include:
• Original articles written by ICP staff to assist industrial distribution employers in the quest for human resources ideas
• Archives of the ICP Talent Tipsheet, a biweekly e-blast that summarizes and links to original articles by thought leaders on managing the Millennial generation
• The free ICP Media Relations Guide to help employers generate publicity with local media to further promote the industrial distribution industry
• The ICP Internship &Co-op Guide to help employers provide a meaningful experience for young workers
• Hand-outs for employers to use to explain the industrial distribution career field when attending career fairs or other such public events
• A PowerPoint presentation aimed at high school-aged audiences to further explain what industrial distribution careers are all about
And, of course, employers can use the site to link to the ICP Job Board where, once registered, free resume searches are available of the thousands of people who would like to seek a job in the field.
Visit the new ICP website, www.industrialcareerspathway.org.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page
Article Archive Search
Search by keyword
Search by topic
- Customer Service
- Distribution Management
- Human Resources
- Importing / Exporting
- Information Technologies
- Inventory Management / Warehousing
- Leadership & Management
- Member Profiles/Q&A
- NAHAD Hose Safety Institute
- News from NAHAD
- Products / Technical / Applications
- Public Policy
- Sales, Selling & Marketing
March 9-12, 2014