Institute Advisory Council Connects Members & End-Users
(Annapolis, MD) - NAHAD’s Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council met recently at the association offices in Annapolis, MD to review its mission and to identify key areas of focus for the coming year.
In keeping with its focus on engaging end-users, the Advisory Council, comprised of end-user representatives of key hose markets, offers advice and input to the Institute, while also addressing their specific market needs and applications. Current Council members represent a variety of industries and markets, including Military, Mining, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Bio-processing, Power Generation, U.S. government agencies and Product Testing.
The Council provides important guidance, input, review and focus in support of the Hose Safety Institute’s goals, which include:
- Promote and maintain the NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines;
- Identify emerging issues and critical applications related to hose assemblies;
- Serve as a forum for addressing industry issues, providing appropriate input to the NAHAD Standards Committee and ensure ongoing industry dialogue and communications;
- Provide educational resources and tools to Institute Members and to end-users who support hose assembly quality, safety and reliability; and,
- Identify and engage industry organizations and related agencies involved in, or impacting, hose safety, quality and reliability.
According to NAHAD staff director, Joseph Thompson, “Hose Safety Institute membership is afforded to NAHAD member firms who commit to supporting the Hose Assembly Guidelines and who meet specific requirements focused on enhancing hose assembly safety, quality and reliability. The Advisory Council is a key element of the Institute, linking end-users and key markets to the Institute members, providing a dynamic and valuable resource to participating distributors and suppliers.”
The recent Council meeting addressed a variety of topics and issues, including:
- Reviewing the new Institute Handbook and discussion of the new online Handbook exams,
- For the bio-processing market, the need to address the robustness of crimped hose assemblies, especially under conditions of thermal cycling,
- Applications for single-use technologies / disposables,
- Tank truck industry issues,
- Determining the service life of the hose assemblies,
- The importance of connecting the Institute with other related industry organizations,
- The need for standardized hose assembly identification and tagging
Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council Membership is afforded to invited end-users and professionals who have particular expertise, experience in, and/or a broad range of perspectives regarding hose safety. Council members provide evaluation, review and feedback regarding the Hose Assembly Guidelines, as well as addressing key issues, emerging technologies and/or processes related to hose assembly safety, quality and reliability. Council members are drawn from hose assembly end-users, academia, industry, standards/regulatory bodies, related associations or industry groups and government agencies.
More information about the Institute Handbook and the Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council, including Council member photos and bios, is available at HoseSafetyInstitute.org.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page
Article Archive Search
Search by keyword
Search by topic
- Customer Service
- Distribution Management
- Human Resources
- Importing / Exporting
- Information Technologies
- Inventory Management / Warehousing
- Leadership & Management
- Member Profiles/Q&A
- NAHAD Hose Safety Institute
- News from NAHAD
- Products / Technical / Applications
- Public Policy
- Sales, Selling & Marketing