NAHAD Convention Shows that Business Can Get Done in the Nation’s Capital
Over 950 members and industry leaders convened near Washington, DC in late April for NAHAD’s 29th Annual Convention, for four days of serious business-building and professional networking.
The combination of top-notch educational and business sessions and presentations, coupled with the Showcase of Hose Solutions exhibit program, as well as great opportunities for socializing and business networking, helped to make this year’s event one of the largest in NAHAD’s history, and one of the most highly-rated. Here’s a sampling of what attendees, both distributors and suppliers, had to say:
- The convention exceeded our expectation on all dimensions. Well worth the investment!
- Have been part of NAHAD for many years with different companies. I have always felt this organization and the convention provided positive opportunities for growth.
- NAHAD is a fantastic event because it is so well planned. There are many networking opportunities as well as great information shared.
- Best bang for the dollars spent ... only travel to one location and have the opportunity to visit with customers or potential customers from all over the world.
- NAHAD continues to be a leader association in the industrial supply arena and the annual Convention is a valuable event for all who attend!
- I receive more tangible and intangible benefits, by attending NAHAD each year, than any other single business activity.
- The annual NAHAD convention is a critical part of (our) business plan each and every year. We find our return on investment to be significant towards our bottom line each and every year
- The NAHAD Annual Convention is the single greatest event in the World for people involved in hose distribution to add value to their business.
- As a first time attendee to NAHAD, we were very impressed with the Convention. From the UID courses to the ability to liaise with companies similar to ourselves to discuss similar issues they have as a business. New Suppliers, Networking and the Guest Speakers - so much to digest - new ideas and lots of work ahead from a short amount of time. And, new friends to keep in touch with.
As NAHAD’s Immediate Past President, Don Fritzinger of distributor RW Connection, Inc. stated, “The NAHAD Annual Convention presents a forum for the top management of our large vendor community to meet with the owners and management of our distributor membership in a relaxed environment, away from the pressures of our offices, to maintain and grow business and personal relationships. Many vendor members use our Showcase of Hose Solutions exhibit program as the launching pad for new product announcements, including the latest in new hose and fitting constructions and styles, as well as the latest in hose assembly, tagging and testing equipment in our evolving marketplace. The vendors meet the decision makers within the distributor network to influence their trade purchases as well as their capital spend.”
Educational sessions this year included the popular University of Industrial Distribution-in-a-Day programs, with three experts offering two different half-day presentations. Session leaders included HR expert Nancye Combs, sales guru Don Buttrey and inventory and warehouse specialist Jason Bader. Keynote sessions included Eaton Economist, Jim Meil, author and consultant Brent Grover, and NAW Fellow Michael Marks. Convention attendees earned 9 CEU credits toward their complimentary Certificate in Industrial Distribution from Purdue University
Andrew Card, former Chief of Staff to President George W. Bush, offered what many attendees called “the best speaker I have ever heard” as he related his personal White House experiences during the days and weeks following the attacks of September 11, 2001. Mr. Card joined the attendees at the Opening Reception and then visited with many members again following his riveting presentation.
Attendees also connected with the latest information available from NAHAD’s Hose Safety Institute, encompassing the association’s Hose Assembly Guidelines, online exams and marketing resources. Members of the Institute Advisory Council, comprised of expert end-users, safety directors and agency leaders were be on-hand to offer insights for Institute members to explore new markets and business opportunities.
The 2013 George Carver Award for Industry Excellence was presented to Richard L. Goodall, CEO of Dixon Valve & Coupling Company headquartered in Chestertown, MD. Mr. Goodall was recognized for his long-standing commitment to the industry and his support of NAHAD since its inception in 1984.
Since 1985, the NAHAD Annual Convention has served as the premier industry event, worldwide, for hose and fittings distributors and suppliers to connect, learn and conduct business, while building powerful professional and personal relationships. Even is this age of social media and e-everything, the importance and value of maintaining face-to-face relations among trading partners is more critical than ever, and NAHAD serves that role exceptionally well.
Complete details on NAHAD and the Hose Safety Institute are available at www.NAHAD.org or by calling 1-800-624-2227.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page
Article Archive Search
Search by keyword
Search by topic
- Customer Service
- Distribution Management
- Human Resources
- Importing / Exporting
- Information Technologies
- Inventory Management / Warehousing
- Leadership & Management
- Member Profiles/Q&A
- NAHAD Hose Safety Institute
- News from NAHAD
- Products / Technical / Applications
- Public Policy
- Sales, Selling & Marketing
September 9-10, 2015
September 19, 2015
New Orleans, LA
November 17-19, 2015