NAHAD Signs On as Newest ICP Alliance Partner
NAHAD has joined the alliance of trade associations serving the industrial distribution channel by becoming an Industrial Careers Pathway Alliance Partner in 2011.
Alliance Partners are industrial distribution associations that share an interest in building the sales and customer service industrial distribution workforce. NAHAD has been a supporter of ICP since its inception and has now decided to increase its level of commitment and support as an Alliance Partner.
Over the coming months, NAHAD will work to engage its membership throughout the U.S. and Canada to support local ICP initiatives and will assist its membership in utilizing the resources of ICP to attract young, trained talent to the hose & couplings industry.
"From an employer perspective, I feel the outline of ICP benefits is very comprehensive and shows an obvious understanding of the challenges we face in our industry, at the same time giving me a way to streamline my recruiting and hiring process," said NAHAD President Alex McGill, of McGill Hose and Coupling, Inc., in East Longmeadow, Mass., about the association's decision to become an Alliance Partner. NAHAD's increased support of ICP comes during a year of expansion for the program.
In 2011, ICP is:
- Bringing positive attention to industrial distribution and ID careers,
- Advocating for additional training and education opportunities for tomorrow's workforce,
- Seeking out and connecting with the young adults most likely to be your "right fit" job candidates, and
- Providing the tools and resources that will help you successfully incorporate younger employees in your workplace.
Details about resources currently available to employers can be found at www.industrialcareerspathway.org/Resources. More information about NAHAD's involvement with the ICP can be found at www.nahad.org or by calling the NAHAD office at 1.800.624.2227.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page
Article Archive Search
Search by keyword
Search by topic
- Customer Service
- Distribution Management
- Human Resources
- Importing / Exporting
- Information Technologies
- Inventory Management / Warehousing
- Leadership & Management
- Member Profiles/Q&A
- NAHAD Hose Safety Institute
- News from NAHAD
- Products / Technical / Applications
- Public Policy
- Sales, Selling & Marketing
August 4-6, 2015
November 17-19, 2015