NAHAD Young Executives: Get Involved!
Who is a NAHAD Young Executive?
Any NAHAD member 40 years old or younger. You don't need to be an executive with your company - we want any up-and-comer, future leader, young professional, etc.
What is the purpose of the group?
- To share experiences and tools (such as problem solving) to bring to the younger generation.
- Attract young talent to the hose industry.
- To continually fill the gap as older generations retire.
- Share business and professional experiences across regions and markets so members can learn more about the industry.
- Create deeper involvement in and support for the association. Again, as older generations retire we want to be sure to keep those companies involved.Â
What kinds of activities are planned?
We have lots of ideas for how to involve young people in the industry - from parties at the Convention, to regular conference calls, to a mentor program bringing together industry veterans and up-and-comers, to targeted webinar programs, and an Industrial Distribution Emerging Associates (IDEA) blog just for you!
The NAHAD Young Executives met for the first time at the 27th Annual Meeting & Convention in San Diego, CA. A large gathering was held in President Alex McGill's suite to provide some social time, as well as some time to discuss how NAHAD can engage the younger segment of its membership. Present was a mixture of more than 50 young professionals who are part of family businesses and who find themselves as part of the second or third generation of leaders in those companies; as well as several attendees who have been brought along and mentored, but who are not part of a family business.
A Young Executives Task Force is currently working hard on various ideas for this group, including our plans for a party at next year's Convention!
Check your email for targeted communications!
Article Archive Search
Search by keyword
Search by topic
- Customer Service
- Distribution Management
- Human Resources
- Importing / Exporting
- Information Technologies
- Inventory Management / Warehousing
- Leadership & Management
- Member Profiles/Q&A
- NAHAD Hose Safety Institute
- News from NAHAD
- Products / Technical / Applications
- Public Policy
- Sales, Selling & Marketing