Report Focused on Driving a 'A Manufacturing Renaissance'
A Word from NAM President & CEO Jay Timmons
Manufacturers have a plan to revive the economy and put Americans back to work. It's called A Manufacturing Renaissance: Four Goals for Economic Growth. Based off the NAM's Manufacturing Strategy, this document features the policies needed to increase investment in our economy, boost trade, strengthen the workforce and drive innovation.
A Manufacturing Renaissance sets out four key goals to guide policymakers:
- The United States will be the best place in the world to manufacture and attract foreign direct investment.
- The United States will expand access to global markets to enable manufacturers to reach the 95 percent of consumers who live outside our borders.
- Manufacturers in the United States will have the workforce that the 21st-century economy requires.
- Manufacturers in the United States will be the world's leading innovators.
Achieving these goals is a priority. Today, it is 20 percent more expensive to manufacture in the United States than it is in other major industrial nations. The United States must aggressively pursue a competitiveness agenda. A Manufacturing Renaissance is such a plan.
I invite you to review the NAM's blueprint and share it with your fellow manufacturers as well as your elected representatives. You can view and download the document at www.nam.org.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page
Article Archive Search
Search by keyword
Search by topic
- Customer Service
- Distribution Management
- Human Resources
- Importing / Exporting
- Information Technologies
- Inventory Management / Warehousing
- Leadership & Management
- Member Profiles/Q&A
- NAHAD Hose Safety Institute
- News from NAHAD
- Products / Technical / Applications
- Public Policy
- Sales, Selling & Marketing
September 20, 2014
Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Miami Beach, FL, USA
November 11-13, 2014
March 8-11, 2015
Our 22nd Year!
Indianapolis, IN, USA