Institute Membership Requirements
NAHAD Distributor Member company locations (separate physical facilities operated by the member company) may become Hose Safety Institute Members by annually certifying their conformance to the Institute Membership Requirements, listed below, and payment of the annual Institute Membership fee. Compliance with the NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines (as published in the Handbook and posted online) is a condition of membership in the NAHAD Hose Safety Institute.
The principal of the NAHAD Member company must attest, in writing, that the location will comply with the following Requirements:
1. Fabricate all hose assemblies in conformance with the appropriate NAHAD Hose Assembly Fabrication & Design Guide.
2. Has designated a single point of contact (Training Coordinator) for managing the online exam process, who will:
o support the work of the Standards Committee, providing feedback and/or participating in working groups as needed, and,
o be responsible for annually reviewing any changes or updates to the Guidelines materials and/or policies and ensuring their dissemination, as appropriate, throughout the company.
3. Maintain at least one print copy on premises, per location, of the Institute Handbook.
4. Possess the ability in each assembly location to access and print the NAHAD Hose Assembly Fabrication & Design Guide for each hose assembly group for which the company does business.
5. Possess the ability to effectively conduct the appropriate hydrostatic, electrical conductivity, or other tests of the finished assembly, as specified in the relevant Hose Assembly Guidelines.
6. Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of regularly-scheduled calibrations for associated testing equipment.
7. Maintain a company quality manual that conforms to the standards listed in the Institute Handbook.
8. Maintain a minimum of one person, per location, who has successfully passed the Hose Safety Institute Handbook Exam for EACH hose assembly group in which the company does business (the company may designate different individuals to cover the various hose assembly groups).
9. Maintain a minimum of one person per location who has successfully passed the Hose Safety Institute Design & Fabrication Exam for EACH hose assembly group in which the company does business (the company may designate different individuals to cover the various hose assembly groups)
10. Maintain a well organized and environmentally controlled hose inventory that meets or exceeds requirements for inspections and storage of hose as outlined in the Institute Handbook (storage area, humidity and temperature, hose stacking methods, and general cleanliness of work environment).
11. Utilize hose tagging or identification methods in conformance with the Institute Handbook.
- Join the Institute
- Find Institute Member
- NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines
- Exams & Certificates
- Institute Advisory Council
- Member Resources
"Marathon Petroleum Company's Garyville, LA refinery requires that suppliers of utility hoses comply with NAHAD's Assembly Guidelines. NAHAD's commitment to hose assembly safety directly supports Marathon's quality standards."