NAHAD supports members’ interests in initiating or expanding their export activity through its Partnership with the U.S. Commercial Service (USCS) of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. As an Export Partner, NAHAD members now have access to the tools and resources required to help them succeed.
NAHAD and USCS provide numerous resources to make exporting easier. The goal of the unique alliance between NAHAD and the USCS is to create a network of export resources, advice and assistance for businesses, like yours, that want to explore international trade.
The NAHAD/USCS Partnership is in support of the National Export Initiative (NEI), which is designed to double U.S. exports over the next five years. This partnership connects you with a multitude of USCS resources to help you expand into new global markets.
USCS: Promoting U.S. Trade
The USCS is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Dept. of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. USCS trade professionals in more than 100 U.S. cities and in nearly 80 countries help U.S. companies get started in exporting or to increase sales to new global markets. USCS services include:
• Market Intelligence to help U.S. exporters target the right market(s) for their products and services.
• Trade Counseling to provide them with the information they need to navigate the export process from beginning to end.
• Business Matchmaking services to connect them with the right partners and prospects.
• Trade Advocacy for U.S companies to level the international playing field for international procurement.
“We’re pleased to welcome NAHAD as a partner in our efforts to strengthen the U.S. economy and support local jobs through expanding U.S. exports,” said Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade Francisco Sánchez. “With more than 95 percent of potential customers living outside U.S. borders, it’s imperative that American companies of all sizes consider the benefits of selling their products abroad.”
In 2010, President Obama announced the National Export Initiative (NEI) with the goal of doubling U.S. exports by the end of 2014. The partnership supports this goal by educating U.S. exporters, particularly small- and medium-sized companies, about the benefits exporting and expanding their exports to additional markets, and the public and private sector resources to assist them. NAHAD joins several of the U.S. Commercial Service’s Strategic Partners who have connected more than 1,500 companies to federal export assistance.
The Basics: There is significant opportunity for NAHAD Members to profit through exporting. Learn the basics of Exporting 101 with the U.S. Department of Commerce and order your complimentary copy of How to Guide – Overview of Export Basics.
NAHAD/USCS Partnership: Regardless of where you are located in the U.S., our partners at the U.S. Department of Commerce have a locally-based representative who can contact you to discuss your specific export objectives. Register at: Export.gov/nahad
SBA Support: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) also provides export assistance along with specially designed loans and grants.
Export Finance: Don’t let international payment risks or lack of working capital prevent you from developing or expanding your export activities.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) is the official export credit agency of the United States with a mission to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) specializes in export loan and working capital programs for the small business exporter.
Education, Programs & Services
- Distributor Performance Dashboards
- Employee Development Roadmap
- Annual NAHAD Convention
- University of Innovative Distribution
- Purdue Certificate of Innovative Distribution
- George Carver Award
- Industrial Careers Pathway
- Industry Trends Reports
- TeleCONNECT & Seminars
- Public Policy
- Export Resources
- Young Executives
- Value Partners
- Manufacturers Council
- Industry Links
- NAHAD Member logos
March 3-5, 2015
March 8-11, 2015
Our 22nd Year!
Indianapolis, IN, USA
April 22-26, 2015
Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Miami Beach, FL, USA