Leadership Academy V
By Mary Ann Powell
Leadership Academy V
NCDA is pleased to welcome the 2010-2011 Leadership Academy participants:
- Stephen Cantine, Utica College, Utica, New York
- Lauren Pasquarella Daley, University of Florida Career Resource Center, Gainesville, Florida
- Jamie J. Johnson, University of Kentucky Career Center, Lexington, Kentucky
- Varunee Faii Sangganjanavanich, Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Traci Klasing, Park University, Parkville, Missouri
- Julie Salzman, Positive Resource Center, San Francisco, California
- Fatima Wilson, Pima Community College, Tucson, Arizona
The seven NCDA members were chosen based on select criteria and will meet for the first time at the NCDA Career Development Conference in San Francisco. These participants in the 2010/2011 NCDA Leadership Academy Class will:
- Attend a series of leadership workshops and training sessions during the 2010 NCDA annual conference in San Francisco, California.
- Learn more about NCDA's history, governance process, and strategic initiatives.
- Meet with current and past NCDA leaders in a small group environment, thereby increasing the opportunity for high quality, one-to-one interactions.
- Learn more about leadership opportunities within NCDA, including leadership positions associated with NCDA committees, special interest groups, and task forces as well as state associations.
- Develop lifelong relationships with other NCDA members interested in leadership opportunities within the national and state organizations.
- Prepare for future leadership positions on the NCDA Board and committees or with state associations.
- Identify a twelve-month Leadership Action Learning Project selected from a list of Board and committee identified needs listed at the end of this application or a relevant and related career information topic. Research and complete the project with the support of members of the NCDA Board of Directors. Provide a written report in advance of and short presentation on Project results at the 2011 conference to be held in San Antonio, Texas.
NCDA Leadership Academy participants will benefit from:
- A $500 travel stipend (each year for two consecutive years) to support attendance at the 2010 and 2011 NCDA annual conferences.
- Waived NCDA annual conference registration fees for 2010 and 2011.
- The opportunity to expand leadership potential and explore leadership opportunities through NCDA and state career development associations.
- Ongoing support and mentorship by a member of the NCDA Board of Directors.
This highly experiential leadership development opportunity spends the year refining and strengthening leadership skills with the help of the NCDA Board, other members, and an association project. Read about all five of the Leadership Academy classes on the NCDA website under Professional Development.
Applications for the Leadership Academy VI, Class of 2011-2012 will begin in the Fall of 2010. Check back in September for details.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page