Career Development Facilitator
Find an Instructor
View complete calendar
August 1 - November 20, 2016
August 1 - November 1, 2016
Multiple Locations/Flexible Options
August 1, 2016
Becoming an Instructor
Levels of the NCDA Career Development Facilitator Training Program
- Career Development Facilitator Training
- Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) Certification
- NCDA Career Development Facilitator Instructor/eLearning Specialty
- NCDA Career Development Facilitator Master Trainer
- Training provides individuals with relevant skills and knowledge to assist others in planning careers and obtaining meaningful work.
- Certification is not required to perform services as a Career Development Facilitator but certification is highly recommended.
- Certification is issued by the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE). CDF is a registered certification mark exclusively owned and controlled by CCE. CCE does not sponsor, and it not affiliated with, any activities performed, or programs administered, by the NCDA.
- Upon successful completion of an NCDA Training Program, one may apply for certification through CCE.
- Certification is based on the individual participating in a CCE approved training. Individual must also meet education and experience requirements as indicated on CCE’s GCDF application (www.cce-global.org).
- Certification is limited to those participants who attend training from a certified instructor.
- Certification is for 5 years with recertification requirements of continuing education.
- There is an annual maintenance fee to maintain GCDF certification.
- Trainings are provided through, but not limited to, Universities, Colleges, Government Agencies, and Private Providers.
- Selected through an application process. Selection is based on education, experience, adult training abilities, and commitment.
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications as indicated on NCDA website.
- Instructors must successfully complete an Instructor Certification Workshop given by a certified NCDA Master Trainer to become instructor certified.
- Certification is provided through NCDA upon successful completion of the training.
- To maintain your NCDA Career Development Facilitator instructor certification you must either join the NCDA Instructor Registry, or maintain a GCDF Certification through CCE, or be on an equivalent registry requiring a master’s degree in counseling with study in career development.
The NCDA Registry offers:
- Advertisement of Career Development Facilitator classes on the NCDA Website
- Automatic receipt of updates to curriculum
- Your name appears on the registry as a nationally certified instructor
- You will receive notifications of any updates or changes to rules and notification of upcoming available trainings and conferences
- For students of the certified instructor to be eligible for the GCDF certification, the Career Development Facilitator training must total 120 hours. These hours can be a combination of 80 hours of classroom training and 40 hours of homework and outside activities
- Master Trainers are current Career Development Facilitator Instructors selected through an application process. Selection is based on regional location, commitment, and instructor experience.
- Training is scheduled on an “as needed” basis. No trainings are scheduled at this time. Please visit the Training Calendar for complete application forms.
- NCDA will notify everyone on the NCDA Instructor Registry about future training.
- There are currently 37 NCDA Master Trainers throughout the United States.
- Certification is for teaching NCDA Career Development Facilitator Instructors.
- NCDA offers a Master Trainer registry and a training calendar on the website to assist in recruitment of new NCDA Career Development Facilitator Instructors.