September 3, 2013
Grain Grading School - September 2013
Ohio Department of Agriculture - Reynoldsburg, OH
Are you looking to obtain your Commodity Tester Certificate? Or, do you already have your Commodity Tester Certificate and need to renew it? Remember … Sept. 30 is the deadline to renew your Certificate, and this Grain Grading School – approved by the Ohio Department of Agriculture – is structured to provide certification/recertification opportunities.
Individuals seeking certification will receive training in the procedures for grading corn, soybeans and wheat, as well as sampling and equipment, and will then take an open-book exam consisting of 50 questions. Those seeking recertification receive the same training and sign a verification of attendance form.
The Ohio Commodity Handler Law requires all individuals grading commodities to be certified. New commodity testers must pass (80 percent) a written exam. Those currently certified must either fulfill continuing education requirements, or pass the written exam once every three years to renew their Commodity Tester Certificate.
- Date: September 3, 2013
- Time: 9 a.m. – noon
- Registration starts at 8:30 a.m.
- For those obtaining a certification, the ODA Commodity Tester Certification Exam will start at noon.
- Location: Ohio Department of Agriculture, Bromfield Building; 8995 East Main Street; Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
- Agenda: Click here.
- Registration: There are two ways to register:
- Additional Information: Click here.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page | Add to my Outlook® Calendar