Last Week to Register for the OABA Crop Production and Seed Technology Conference
Group Rate for Hotel Accommodations Extended Through Jan. 22
Time is running out to register for the Ohio AgriBusiness Association’s 2013 Crop Production and Seed Technology Conference. You won’t want to miss this year’s revamped conference, so click here to register today. The $99 group discounted rate for overnight accommodations has been extended through January 22 – click here to book your room.
This year’s Crop Production and Seed Technology Conference is the first OABA event of its kind, combining educational sessions with invaluable networking opportunities. The full three-day conference provides 19 Certified Crop Adviser continuing education credits and five ODA Pesticide Applicator Certification credits.
The revamped conference provides members with access to several OABA events in one trip. The OABA Industry Dinner is January 30, and the keynote speaker is Dr. Bruce McPheron, the new Vice President of Agricultural Administration and dean of The Ohio State University’s College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. You can register for this dinner only, or if you register for January 30, the dinner is included with your event registration. The OABA Industry Dinner and Annual Meeting, and the CCA Annual Meeting, will also be featured in the conference agenda, and admission to these is complimentary with event registration.
Date – January 29, 30 and 31
Location – Crowne Plaza Columbus North; 6500 Doubletree Ave., Columbus, OH 43229
Agenda – Click here for a full agenda.
Registration – Click here for online registration, or here for a form to mail, fax or email.
Hotel Accommodations – Click here or call 1-800-996-8916 (group discount code = "OAB").
Value – This three-day event provides 19 CCA CEUs, at less than $16 per CEU, and five Pesticide Applicator Certification credits (click here to see specific credits).
- By registering for this three-day event, participants will also receive complimentary admission to the Industry Networking Receptions and Dinner, and the breakfast panel discussion.
Professional Networking – This event provides valuable networking opportunities each day for you and your colleagues, including an Industry Networking Reception on Jan. 29, and an Industry Networking Reception and Dinner on Jan. 30.
Quality Speakers and Content – Each day is packed with widely-respected speakers and industry professionals, sharing their expertise on a variety of topics, including: 4R Nutrient Management Stewardship and water quality, yield improvement methods, utilization of handheld technology and social media in sales, cover crop management, honeybee decline and much more. Speakers include:
- ODA Director Daniels, ODNR Director Zehringer and OEPA Director Nally
- Dr. Bruce McPheron, the new Vice President of Agricultural Administration and dean of The Ohio State University’s College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
- Jym Ganahl, NBC4 Chief Meteorologist
There are several sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities (click here to view) still available. Pledge your support:
- For secure online registration as an event sponsor/exhibitor, click here!
- Click here for a printable form that you can mail, fax or email.
- Call 614-326-7520 (option 1).
Thank you to those who have already pledged their sponsorship for this event:
- Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizers
- The Andersons, Inc.
- CHS Inc.
- Crop Production Services
- DuPont Pioneer
- GROWMARK, Inc.
- Honeywell Inc.
- Koch Agronomic Services, LLC
- KOVA of Ohio
- Mercer Landmark, Inc.
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- PotashCorp/PCS Sales