Ohio Certified Crop Adviser Program
None at this time.
A member service program of the American Society of Agronomy
Continuing Education Unit Requirements and Policies
- 40 CEUs every two years
- A minimum of five CEUs in each of the four competency areas
- A minimum of 20 CEUs must be board-approved
- Ohio accepts approved CEUs from all states
If you are certified by the Ohio Department Agriculture as a “pesticide applicator," you may receive 10 CEUs in pest management for your two-year CEU cycle. To obtain these CEUs you must send a copy of your current Ohio Applicator License to:
American Society of Agronomy / CCA Program
5585 Guilford Road
Madison, WI 53711
To Become Certified
Applicants for certification must:
- Have two years crop advising experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in agronomy, or four years post high school crop advising experience (must be documented with transcripts, detailed description of experience and supporting references).
- Pass both a local and international CCA exam, covering four major competency areas: nutrient management, soil and water management, pest management and crop management.
- Sign a Code of Ethics.
- Submit references from a grower and a colleague/employer.
- Earn 40 hours of continuing education every two years.
The CCA Exam is offered twice a year, the first Friday in February and the first Friday in August. The next exam is:
Friday, February 6, 2015
Ohio Department of Agriculture
8995 East Main Street
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
9:30 a.m.-noon, International Exam
1:30-3:30 p.m., Tri-state Exam
Registration Period: October 6, 2014 - December 5, 2014; registrations will not be accepted before October 6, 2014.
The registration deadline for the February 6, 2015 exam is December 5, 2014; registrations received after December 5, 2014, will not be processed.
The following information is included in the registration packet.
- Registration Form
- International Performance Objectives
- Tri-State Performance Objectives
CCA Exam Cost:
International Exam - $150
Tri-state Exam - $ 50
Total = $200
Link to exam registration request: https://www.certifiedcropadviser.org/exams/registration
There are two exams, the International Exam with 180 multiple choices questions and 20 constructed response questions; and the Tri-State Exam with 100 multiple choice questions. Both exams are timed - two and a half hours for the International Exam and two hours for the Tri-State Exam. The exams cover four performance objective areas:
- Nutrient Management
- Soil & Water Management
- Crop Management
- Pest Management
To receive an email announcement when the next exam registration is open, please click on this link and complete the information on the CCA Exam Registration site.
All CCA Exam questions can be directed to CCA@agronomy.org.