The mission of the Society is to promote excellence in the care of patients afflicted with cancer and hematologic disorders. The Society works to:
- Promote excellence in the care of patients afflicted with cancer and hematologic disorders. The Society also works to:
- Advance the sciences of Hematology and Oncology and improve hematologic and oncologic services to the public;
- Safeguard the rights of patients with hematologic and oncologic diseases;
- Serve as a spokesperson and liaison to governmental agencies and managed care organizations;
- Disseminate information regarding legislative and regulatory developments affecting the issues of common concern to Hematologists and Oncologists.