Ohio Family Physicians Group Wins National Award
Ohioan Named Young FP of the Year
The Ohio ACOFP received the Public Service Award at the national ACOFP Annual Convention & Congress of Delegates, March 3-4, 2009, in Washington, DC. Ohio ACOFP President Mark S. Jeffries, DO, of Dayton, accepted the award and led Ohio's 21-member delegation.
Ohio ACOFP Immediate Past President Jay H. Shubrook, DO, of Athens, was named the national organizations' Young Family Physician of the Year. Shubrook has a private practice with University Medical Associates of Athens and serves as assistant professor of family medicine at Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he earned his doctor of osteopathic medicine degree in 1996.
The ACOFP Young Physician of the Year Award is presented annually to the physician that best demonstrates exemplary leadership qualities that honor the memory of Michael F. Avallone, D.O., FACOFP dist., after whom the award is named.
Award recipients are chosen based on the following criteria:
* Completion of an American Osteopathic Association approved family practice residency program.
* Certification by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians.
* Active in an osteopathic family practice for two to 10 years.
* Continuous membership in ACOFP and ACOFP state chapters.
* Service at the national and state level in a leadership capacity.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page