OARRS Offers New Practice Insight Report
The Ohio State Board of Pharmacy has announced the availability of the Practice Insight Report in the Ohio Automated Rx Reporting System (OARRS) to provide prescribers with additional information about their patients. The new report includes:
- A list of the prescriber’s patients, if any, who are visiting multiple prescribers, which might be an indication of doctor shopping. Research compiled by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicates that doctor shoppers are at an increased risk for prescription drug overdose.
- A list of the prescriber’s patients that have the highest morphine equivalent doses. Guidelines issued by the Governor’s Cabinet Opiate Action Team, use 80 mg morphine equivalency dosing (MED) as a “trigger threshold,” as the odds of an overdose are significantly higher above that dose. For more information on the guidelines, visit: http://www.med.ohio.gov/webhost/ooat.html
- The drugs most commonly prescribed by the clinician and a list of the prescriber’s patients that have received a prescription for an OARRS reportable drug in the past year.
Accessing a Practice Insight Report is a three step process:
- Step 1: After logging into OARRS, press the Submit link in the Requests Menu. This is the same link you press to request a Patient Rx History Report.
- Step 2: In the upper left-hand corner of the request screen, above where you would enter your patient’s last name, there is a drop-down box that currently says “Patient”. Change this to Practitioner. After the screen changes, press the “Submit” button. There is no need to enter any additional information; the form is pre-populated.
- Step 3: After your request has been submitted, click “View” from the requests menu. You will now see your “Practitioner” request listed among your normal “Patient” requests.
Within a minute or two, your report will be ready for you to review. The Practice Insight Report is run based on the DEA number that you provided on your OARRS registration. If you did not provide this number, or if it is out of date, contact the Board of Pharmacy at email@example.com to update your information.
The Board of Pharmacy recognizes that many providers would like to see additional information through OARRS. Health care professionals registered with OARRS can expect additional information added to the Practice Insight Report as new sources of data become available.
The Board encourages OARRS users to provide feedback and suggestions regarding this report or other system improvements by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board encourages all prescribers to register with OARRS. For more information on registration, visit: www.ohiopmp.gov.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page