History of the Ohio Pharmacists Association
OPA formed in 1879
The Ohio Pharmacists Association (OPA) was formed September 2, 1879 in
Columbus, Ohio under the name Ohio State Pharmaceutical Association (OSPA).
The purpose of the Association was to elevate the character of the
pharmaceutical profession, by uniting the reputable druggists of the state
in order to foster the education of those learning the art and thereby
stimulate the talent of those engaged in pharmacy.
In cooperation with its members and leaders, the present-day OPA continues
to function by this purpose and act to positively impact the profession as
these past extraordinary individuals did.