MTM: Successfully Engaging Eligible Patients
Hand out available near the bottom of this article
There is no registration fee for this program, but pharmacists MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED to attend.
The September 26 program has reached capacity.
CareSource just informed OPA that the location for the MTM: Successfully Engaging Eligible Patients program that will take place this evening, Wednesday, September 26, 2012, has changed.
The address for the program is now:
20800 Harvard Rd Ste 300
Cleveland (Beachwood) 44122
There is ample free parkng in the lot.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) was officially introduced by Congress when the Medicare Modernization Act was passed in 2003 and implemented in 2006. Over the past 6 years, pharmacists have become familiar with MTM and have begun participating in various MTM programs. While patients are notified of their eligibility for MTM services via their health plan, additional education regarding MTM is often necessary for patients to understand and accept the service. This additional education and MTM promotion generally falls to the pharmacist providing the services, placing the pharmacist in unfamiliar territory as a “salesperson”. This educational program will discuss various strategies pharmacists can use to successfully engage eligible patients in MTM services and provide tools to assist MTM providers in “making the sale”.
Printable CareSource MTM Training Flyer 0912 Please Note: Registration for the September 20 MTM program at The Ohio State University has reached capacity and is now closed. Please choose another location.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Explain what medication therapy management (MTM) is as defined by the Medicare Modernization Act
- Describe examples of MTM services
- Recognize the various entities who pay for MTM services
- Discuss tactics commonly used to overcome patient barriers to MTM service provision
- Utilize various strategies to successfully engage eligible patients in MTM services
Continuing Education Credit
This program is targeted to all pharmacists. The Continuing Education (CE) for this program is coordinated by the Ohio Pharmacists Foundation. Pharmacists who attend this program (ACPE # 0129-0000-12-063-L04-P) will earn 0.1 CEU of continuing education credit. To receive credit, you must sign the attendance sheet, fill out the CE and evaluation form, sign, date, and return it to the program staff. All pharmacists will need an NABP e-Profile ID number so that the ACPE-accredited CE can be processed. Log into www.MyCPEmonitor.net if you have not yet obtained this number.
Time: 7:00-9:00 PM unless otherwise indicated
- 9/11 Ohio Northern University
- 9/12 University of Toledo
- 9/13 University of Findlay (5:30-8 PM)
- 9/18 Cedarville University
- 9/19 University of Cincinnati
- 9/20 Ohio State University Please Note: Registration for the September 20 MTM program at The Ohio State University has reached capacity and is now closed. Please choose another location.
- 9/25 NEOMED
- 9/26 Cleveland at CareSource office
- Tim Sullivan, PharmD, RPh: Director of Clinical Services at OutcomesMTM
- Mike Case Haub, PharmD, RPh: Senior Provider Services Associate at OutcomesMTM
Successfully Engaging Patients OHIO HANDOUT 20120813.pdf
You must attend the live session to receive CE credit for this program.
|The Ohio Pharmacists Foundation Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
July 20, 2016
August 17, 2016
August 31, 2016
OPA Office - 2674 Federated Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235
September 29, 2016
OPA office- 2674 Federated Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235
October 9, 2016
Hilton Columbus at Easton