Thank you for your support of our profession
To our valued OPA members and advocates,
On behalf of the Ohio Pharmacists Association’s (OPA) Board of Directors and staff, we thank you for your membership and support! We remain committed to serving you as we continue to move the profession forward.
Your membership is critical to the ongoing success of this association and we want to share some of the accomplishments your support enabled us to achieve in 2013:
- Created a Provider Status Task Force which is charged with determining the direction and steps to take for pharmacists to become recognized as providers in Ohio
- Advocated for legislation to increase pharmacist immunization authority (SB 79) by decreasing the age at which pharmacists and pharmacy interns may immunize and increasing the scope of immunizations provided
- Advocated for emergency dispensing legislation (HB 44) to protect pharmacists who care for patients in times of emergency
- Created a New Practitioner group to focus on concerns of pharmacists who have graduated in the last ten years
- Trained more than 100 pharmacists in immunization administration
- Trained more than 100 pharmacists in APhA’s Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services certificate training program
- Developed more than 100 CE programs for pharmacists
- Launched RxCEonDemand.com, an online portal where you can access hundreds of CE programs that you can participate in at any time you want!
- Worked to expand consult agreement laws to give pharmacists more responsibility in managing patient drug therapy
These are just a few of the initiatives OPA has pursued on behalf of you and your patients. Please take a moment to visit our website to learn more: www.ohiopharmacists.org.
At OPA, our current and future focus is on the most critical concerns of pharmacists and the patients you serve. You are a valued member and we hope you will take advantage of the resources OPA has to offer. Please know that we are here to assist you in any way. If you have suggestions, questions or concerns, please know your input is always welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, thank you for your support, and we look forward to hearing from you!
June 14, 2016
OPA office- 2674 Federated Blvd., Columbus, OH 43235
June 21, 2016
July 20, 2016
August 17, 2016
October 9, 2016
Hilton Columbus at Easton