May 9, 2013
Advancements in Orthopedic Surgical Procedures: Hip Resurfacing & Unilateral Knee Replacements using the MAKO Robotic Procedure
OhioHealth Grant Medical Center - Columbus, OH
Approved for 2 OT CEUs | Pending Approval for 2 PT CEUs!
- Members: sign in with your OPTA login
- Non-Members: Select "Create a New Account"
Registration accepted until Tuesday May 7, 2013
- OPTA Members, OhioHealth Employees, National Church Residences Employees - Free
- All Other Attendees - $25.00
- On-site Registration will begin at 4:30 pm
- More information: contact Sarah! firstname.lastname@example.org
This course provides the therapy professional the latest information on alternatives to manual procedures for total hip and knee replacements, as well as selection criteria, indications, contraindications. Evidence based theory guides the learner in clinical decision making when evaluating and developing a plan of care for a patient who undergoes minimally invasive total hip or total knee replacement, based on surgical interventions necessary to achieve implant alignment and tracking. Upon completion of this course, the therapy professional will have gained insight into the surgical procedures that directly impact patient performance on evaluation and long term success for return to optimal level of function
- Consider alternatives to manual procedures for total hip and knee replacement
- Evaluate patient selection criteria, including indications and contraindications for alternatives to manual procedures for total hip and knee replacement
- Explain benefits of pre-operative and inter-operative implant pinning in achieving more accurate alignment and tracking
Attending Adult Reconstruction Surgeon, OhioHealth Grant Medical Center/Dublin Methodist Hospital // American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons // Associate Director, Minimally Invasive Orthopedics, Inc.
- Ohio Physical Therapy Association, Central District
- OhioHealth Rehabilitation Services
- National Church Residences Rehabilitation Services
Location / Parking:
- Grant Medical Center, Hugenberger Auditorium (2nd floor)
- 111 South Grant Avenue - Columbus, Ohio 43215
- Parking is available in the Green Garage - Passes will be provided to participants
< Back | Printer Friendly Page | Add to my Outlook® Calendar