September 20, 2013
Professionalism & the Generational Challenge
23rd Annual Workshop
Walsh University - North Canton, OH
- Registration must completed online via the link above
- On-site registration will not be accepted, sorry!
- For questions/more info, email Amy Hassen at email@example.com
- 6.0 CEUs (Ohio and Kentucky)
- $40.00 registration fee
- Walsh University - Barrette Business & Community Center, Room A (click for directions)
- Parking suggested in lots B and C (click for campus map)
About This Course:
It is believed individuals from the same generation are influenced by common life events that help shape values and behaviors. However, today’s healthcare system involves complex interactions between providers and consumers from different generations. Cross-generational differences can present challenges for clinicians when developing therapeutic relationships with patients/clients and effective working relationships with colleagues. This workshop will explore issues that may arise from the four current generations in the workplace. The knowledge gained by clinicians will assist them with students during clinical educational experiences, with peers, and with others who they may supervise in the clinic. The evolving “picture” of professionalism and implications for the future will be discussed.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the four generations that currently make up our workforce
- Discuss the challenges that occur when four generations interact
- Compare and contrast the attributes of professionalism as it exists in each generation
- Understand the teaching and learning challenges that exist in current classrooms
- Discuss recruitment and retention issues as they relate to the younger generations
Download & Share the Course Agenda and Speaker Bio!
< Back | Printer Friendly Page | Add to my Outlook® Calendar