May 8, 2014
3 CEU Opportunity - Central District
Presented by OSU PT Residents
The Ohio State University | Columbus, OH
The OPTA's Central District is sponsoring a three-part course that will be held at Martha Morehouse Pavilion in Columbus. The current PT residents at OSU are teaming up to present three different topics (titles and objectives below). Immediately preceding the event, there is a social/networking event to discuss membership and meet other PTs.
More Info: Contact Jessica Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit: Pending 3.0 Ohio CEUs
- APTA/OPTA Members: Free
- Prospective Members: $25.00*
- *If join APTA/OPTA that night, $25 goes toward membership fees
5:00-6:00pm = Social/Networking Event: open to all. Come to meet and network with PTs across the central district of OPTA. Discuss potential job opportunities, or current issues within your special interest area. This is a "social" time where we hope to provide some pizza and soft drinks.
Session One: Age Related Gait Mechanics in Patients with Knee OA (6:00-7:00pm)
- Review etiology of knee osteoarthritis (OA) in the elderly.
- Discuss normal knee biomechanics and kinematics during gait.
- Identify common gait deviations secondary to medial compartment knee OA.
- Explore evidenced based treatment approaches and interventions.
Session Two: The Special Olympics Athlete (7:00-8:00pm)
- Identify risk factors for injury for the pediatric Special Olympics population
- Describe special considerations and accommodations for children with developmental disabilities who wish to participate in sports
- Identify the goals of the APTA’s FUNfitness initiative and demonstrate how physical therapists can become involved
Session Three: Managing Orthopedic Conditions in the Individual with Spinal Cord Injury (8:00-9:00pm)
- Review SCI classification and motor function available for different levels of injury in relation to demand on musculoskeletal system
- Analyze functional movement techniques in individuals with SCI and its role in prevention of musculoskeletal injuries.
- Review manual techniques for treatment of common orthopedic injuries in individuals with SCI
Event Venue: Martha Morehouse Pavilion 2050 Kenny Rd, Columbus, OH 43221
| Add to my Outlook® Calendar