Call to Action on State Budget Affecting DME Services
An initiative was proposed by Medicaid to the members of the conference committee to pull down more federal match for Medicaid. The Department would like to bundle ancillary services such as medical transportation, durable medical equipment, OT, PT and over the counter drugs as part of the overall costs of the skilled nursing facilities.
This increase in overall costs of the SNFs will allow the state to increase their bed tax and allow the state to pull down more federal Medicaid match. The nursing facilities still lose $184 million over the two years. This means that the nursing facilities will contract directly with these providers and agree upon rates as well as pay them directly.
PTs in skilled nursing care need to contact the following members of the Conference Committee to voice opposition to the bundling of their services:
- State Representative Vernon Sykes (D - Akron) (614) 466-3100 email@example.com
- State Representative Jay Goyal (D - Mansfield) (614) 719-3973 firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Representative Ron Amstutz (R – Wooster) (614) 466-1474 District03@ohr.state.oh.us
- Senator Mark Wagoner (R - Toledo) (614) 466 8060 SD02@senate.state.oh.us
- Senator Dale Miller (D - Cleveland) (614) 466-5123 SD23@maild.sen.state.oh.us
- Senator John Carey (R - Wellston) (614) 466-8156 SD17@senate.state.oh.us
< Back | Printer Friendly Page