OPTA to Sponsor Ohio State Fair 5K
On Saturday, August 1st, OPTA will sponsor the Second Annual Ohio State Fair 5k Run and Walk. This is a great public relations opportunity for OPTA and physical therapy. This event will attract hundreds of runners and walkers and will provide great exposure for the physical therapy profession. We'll be advertising our "Who's your physical therapist?" campaign and directing Ohio consumers to our myOhioPT.com website for more information on physical therapy as a profession and how individuals can benefit from the services of a physical therapist.
As the Ohio State Fair 5K Race sponsor, OPTA will receive the following benefits:
- We'll have an ad in this year's Fair Guide, which has a circulation of approximately 350,000
- The Fair Guide will be distributed through statewide outlets and at the fair
- Public address (PA) announcements will be made 4 times a day on August 1st and 2nd providing information about the role of physical therapy in healthcare
- Shirts with our "Who's your physical therapist?" logo will be distributed to race participants
- And, we'll have a booth on the Midway on Saturday, August 1st and Sunday, August 2nd
For these events to be successful, we need the participation of Ohio physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students.
First of all, we need volunteers at the OPTA Booth on August 1st and 2nd. The booth will need volunteers from 8 AM to 10 PM on both days with 8 people needed per time slot. Sign Up by Clicking Here! Deadline to Sign Up is JULY 24, 2009 This is our chance to reach out to consumers and educate them on the benefits of physical therapy. We cannot do this without your help.
Second, we need as many therapists and therapy students to participate in the Ohio State Fair 5K Race as possible. Our presence at the race will be a strong visual statement to our profession's support of health and wellness activities.
- The race will be held Saturday, August 1st at 8:00 AM and will start and finish next to Crew Stadium
- All participants will receive an Ohio State Fair voucher, good for 1 free admission and SkyGlider ticket
- There will be a special "Race Day Only" discount for family and friends of $5. Children four and under are free
- All race participants will enjoy free parking by showing their race entry form or race number
Entry Fee for the 5K is $29 for pre-registration, $35 for race day, and $10 for kids. You can register for the race any of the 4 ways listed below:
- Register online $$Link|http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1672967|BY CLICKING HERE|0$$ prior to July 31, 2009 at 5 PM
- Print a registration form from http://www.ultrafit-usa.com/ohiostatefair5k_08.html and mail it to UTRAFIT-USA, PO Box 629, Hilliard, Ohio 43026
- Register at a Fleet Feet Sports store between July 29th and July 31st
- Register the day of the race in front of Crew Stadium after 6:30 AM
We look forward to seeing you at the race, and don't forget to sign-up to work the OPTA Booth!
< Back | Printer Friendly Page