2012 Student SSIG Elections
Want to get involved in OPTA’s Student SIG?
Elections will be taking place March 31, 2012 at the 2012 Student Symposium!
- Co-Chairs: one PT and one PTA student
- The PT student will be responsible for communicating with all the PT programs and the PTA will be responsible for communicating with all the PTA programs. The co-chairs will also be responsible for assisting in the planning of the OPTA fall conference's student symposium with the student liaison and OPTA conference committee.
- Vice Chair/Treasurer:
- At this time the responsibilities will include mentoring with the OPTA Treasurer to prepare for the Student SIG becoming financially independent. Also assists with general communication between all SIG officers and takes initiative to fill in when there is an absence of respective officer/s.
- Responsibilities will include keeping minutes at Student SIG meetings, and coordinating with student liaison in obtaining articles from all the programs in Ohio for the student corner section of ACCESS.
- Website Coordinator:
- Responsibilities include working with the student liaison and the OPTA office staff in updating the student website. Responsible for content/communication on Facebook, page updates, and content related to "hot topics" of conference calls.
- Activity Coordinator:
- Responsible for organizing extracurricular activities related to the OPTA students in collaboration with the OPTA. This includes (though isn't limited to) The Race for the Cure, Ohio State fair booth, and is also responsible for arrangements related to ordering OPTA T-shirts (Who's Your Physical Therapist?).
- Student Challenge Coordinator:
- Responsible for organization and critiquing of the student challenge. Helps organize Jeopardy style questions, set-up, general rules, and team registration. Questions related to the student challenge should be directed here.
Core Ambassador to SA:
Serves as Ohio’s link between the Student Assembly and the Student Assembly Board of Directors, serves as a contact point throughout the Ohio chapter and for all PT and PTA programs, and distributes all relevant information about becoming involved in the Student Assembly. This is a 1 year, appointed position and the term begins at the time of APTA’s Annual Conference.
- Must be an OPTA member
- 1 Year
Deadline for Nominations:
- March 23, 2012
- Click here to nominate!
< Back | Printer Friendly Page