Win a Trip to Alexandria, VA to Learn About State Policy & Advocacy!
Student Essay Contest
December 1-3, 2012, Hilton Alexandria Old Town, Alexandria, VA
This event is designed to increase your involvement in and knowledge of state legislative issues that have an impact on the practice of physical therapy, and to improve your advocacy efforts at the state level. Programming will focus on physical therapy payment & legislative issues at the state level and will include presentations on physical therapy copay legislation, term & title protection for physical therapy, emerging scope of practice issues, silent preferred provider organizations (PPOs), health information technology (HIT), Medicaid, state insurance exchanges, worker's compensation, and much more!
OPTA is sponsoring our annual essay contest to select two students to participate with other OPTA members and staff in this amazing event. Your flight, hotel, and participation costs will be covered by OPTA. You will be rooming with either the other student winner or another OPTA member attending the conference.
All students are encouraged to enter to win! You must:
- Be currently enrolled in a physical therapist/physical therapist assistant program in the state of Ohio.
- Be a current member of the Ohio Physical Therapy Association.
- Write an essay on why advocacy is important to the practice of physical therapy (particularly state advocacy), why you would benefit from participating in the event, and why we should select you to participate.
- Include in the upper right corner of the title page only- the writer’s name, addresses, phone number and email address, college or university affiliation.
- Essays should be submitted as a Word document to email@example.com no later than September 21, 2012.
***Previous student essay winners are not eligible to win***