2-Part Webinar on PQRS
Title: Making PQRS Work Effectively For Your Private Practice
Speaker: Heather Smith, PT, MPH, Program Director of Quality, APTA
Webinar Date: 9/25/2012 AND 10/30/2012
Webinar Time: 2:00 PM thru 3:30 PM, EDT
Medicare for outpatient therapy services in private practice settings (using the 1500 claim form or 837-P) can obtain a 0.5% bonus payment in 2012 if they report on quality measures under the Physician Quality Reporting System. The Affordable Care Act made a number of changes to the Physician Quality Reporting System, including authorizing incentive payments through 2014 and requiring payment adjustments beginning in 2015 for professionals who do not satisfactorily report.
This two part webinar series is aimed at assisting practice administrators and owners who are new to the PQRS as well as those who are looking to refine their reporting process and stay current with the annual PQRS program changes.
- Decide when your private practice should begin participation in the program.
- Identify the quality measures for 2012 and 2013 that apply to physical and occupational therapists in private practice settings.
- Recognize the distinction between reporting the individual measures and the group measures.
- Determine the changes to practice operations you need to make in order to participate successfully.
- Modify your billing to report the quality measurement codes successfully.
- Recognize the importance of auditing your practices performance in this reporting program.
- Understand how to access and interpret the data provided in the standard annual feedback reports that are provided by Quality Net (the PQRS program administrator).
- Appreciate the importance of the Physician Compare Website and public reporting of the PQRS data to your practice and your clients.
- Identify the most common pitfalls associated with unsuccessful reporting by physical and occupational therapists.
- Determine which proposed changes will impact your practice most with respect to PQRS in CY2013.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page