Federal Advocacy Forum | Student Essay Contest Open!!
Federal Advocacy Forum <- Click for Event Info
WHEN: April 14-16, 2013
WHERE: Washington, DC
OPTA is sponsoring our annual essay contest to select two students to participate with other OPTA members in this amazing event. Your flight, hotel, and registration costs will be covered by OPTA, up to our budgeted amount. You will be rooming with either the other student winner or another OPTA member attending the conference.
- Be currently enrolled in a PT/PTA program in the state of Ohio.
- Be a current member of the Ohio Physical Therapy Association.
- The essay should be focused on why advocacy is important to the practice of PT, why you’d benefit from participating in the event, and why we should select you to participate.
- Include in the upper right corner of the title page only- the writer’s name, addresses, phone number and email address, college or university affiliation.
- Essays should be submitted as a Word document or .pdf to Adam Miller in the OPTA office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU ARE CHOSEN:
- OPTA will work with you to make all travel arrangements
- Mentoring will be provided during the conference by leaders in the OPTA
- You will be asked to write an article for OPTA ACCESS sharing what you gained from the experience
- All students who submit an essay will be invited to the OPTA Annual Leadership Conference in the fall
- If you are a previous winner of an OPTA essay contest, you are ineligible to win again
All essays must be received by Friday, March 1, 2013.
Contact Adam by email: email@example.com or the OPTA office at 614-855-4109
< Back | Printer Friendly Page