Help Take Action Against MPPR - Call Your Legislator!
With less than six weeks left to delay implementation of MPPR (Multiple Procedure Payment Reduction), OPTA is asking you to CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE TODAY. Any movement we will have on this issue will come out of the House of Representatives either at the end of this week or early next week. It is essential that we educate all members of the House on the importance of this issue, and convince them that allowing the 50% MPPR policy to go into effect would be devastating for their constituents. Please take five minutes and call your Representative! A list of Ohio Representatives can be found at the bottom of this page, or click here to search by zip code.
- Ask your Representative to call the House Appropriations Committee leadership and request they take action to delay implementation of MPPR.
- Tell your representative that APTA is developing an Alternative Payment System, which is scheduled to begin on April 1, 2015, and will move payment away from the current multiple procedures system.
- Allowing MPPR to take effect will result in a 6-7% payment cut for outpatient therapy providers, in addition to the 6-7% cut applied in 2011. If sequestration is also implemented, Medicare providers will see a total payment cut of 8-9% in 2013.
- Medicare payments are at a break-even level for expenses for physical therapy providers performing the care. Additional reductions that are redundant in the codes already will not allow clinics to be able to accept Medicare patients at below our cost to render services.
- These payment cuts will be difficult for providers to absorb. Many outpatient therapy settings will stop treating Medicare patients or be forced to close their doors.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page