Students: Win an OPTA Trip to Omaha, Nebraska!
OPTA is sponsoring our annual essay contest to select two students to participate with other OPTA members and staff in this amazing event. Your flight, hotel, and participation costs will be covered by OPTA. You will be rooming with either the other student winner or another OPTA member attending the conference.
How to Apply:
- Be currently enrolled in a PT/PTA program in Ohio.
- Be a current OPTA Member
- Write an essay on why advocacy is important to PT practice and why you would benefit from participating in the event. (1-2 pages, maximum).
- Include in the upper right corner of the title page only- the writer’s name, addresses, phone number and email address, college or university affiliation.
- Essays should be submitted as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 21, 2013.
- PREVIOUS ESSAY WINNERS - NOT ELIGIBLE
About the Event:
This event is designed to increase your involvement in and knowledge of state legislative issues that have an impact on the practice of physical therapy, and to improve advocacy efforts at the state level. Programming will focus on PT payment & legislative issues at the state level and will include presentations on PT copay legislation, term & title protection for physical therapy, emerging scope of practice issues, silent preferred provider organizations (PPOs), health information technology (HIT), Medicaid, state insurance exchanges, worker's compensation, and much more!
< Back | Printer Friendly Page