License Renewal Information
CE / Licensure Resources for ALL PT Pros!
Renewing your license can seem like a huge ordeal, especially when it comes to double, even triple-checking your CEUs. No worries, it's easier than ever for you to verify your CEUs and move on with your renewal! While your actual renewal is handled by the Ohio OT/PT/AT Board, as Ohio's approving body for physical therapy continuing education, we definitely have some useful resources to make sure you're prepared!
- Renewal Deadline: Must be Renewed by January 31, 2014
- Required CE for PTs: 24 Ohio-approved CEUs, every two-years
- Required CE for PTAs: 12 Ohio-approved CEUs, every two-years
- Review Ohio's Law pertaining to PT Licensure: Click Here
Verifying Your CEUs
- Use the Approved CE Search Tool on the homepage of OhioPT.org
- This tool is a direct reflection of our database and is quicker than calling to check on courses
- Less is more: search for simple keywords or phrases in the course name, rather than the entire title. Too specific a search may not yield the results that you want.
Reasons to Consult the Ohio OT/PT/AT Board
The following application circumstances are reviewed by the PT Section of the Ohio OT/PT/AT Licensure Board, rather than OPTA. They can be reached via the previous link or by phone: (614) 466-3774.
- Coursework completed at a CAPTE accredited Entry-Level DPT
- Coursework completed during a Transitional DPT program
- Service as an APTA PT/PTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor (CI)
- Service as a mentor in an APTA credentialed residency / fellowship program
Passing the following specialty examinations will qualify for twenty-four contact hours of CE in the year the examination is taken:
- Specialty examinations administered by the American board of physical therapy specialties (ABPTS).
- The hand therapy certification commission (HTCC) certification examination.
Applying For CEU Approval
Download the Appropriate Application
- Individual Application for CEUs (apply as an attendee)
- Individual Teaching/Publication Application (apply as an instructor)
- Sponsor Application for CEUs (apply as a course provider)
Submit Your Application
Notice: The application/approval process may take up to 60 days to complete, please plan your application(s) accordingly. Incomplete applications will be disregarded until all necessary documentation is provided.
- Email: CEapps@ohiopt.org - Must be submitted as 1 (one) .pdf file.
- Mail: 1085 Beecher Crossing North, Suite B - Gahanna, OH - 43230
- Fax: (614) / 855-5914
Need a Couple CE Hours?
- Review OPTA's on-demand webinars, here!
If none of these resources helped answer your question(s), feel free to give us a call at 614 / 855-4109 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
< Back | Printer Friendly Page